Last Updated: March 25, 2021.
This website and the Support Worker Central services are owned and operated jointly by the Family Support Institute of BC and Vela Microboard Association of British Columbia.
- The Website
- Your Information: You will ensure that all information you provide to us, through the Website or otherwise, including information regarding your Account (as defined in Section 6, below) is true, accurate, current and complete. We will rely on the information you provide. You will be solely responsible and liable for any and all loss, damage and additional costs that you, we or any other person may incur as a result of your submission of any false, incorrect or incomplete information or your failure to promptly update your information if it changes.
- Website Content
- No Advice: The Website is for informational and educational purposes only. The Website is not intended to be a comprehensive or detailed statements concerning the matters addressed, and is not professional advice or recommendations (including healthcare, legal or other professional advice). Neither the information and content on or available through the Website nor your interactions with us will constitute a healthcare provider-patient or solicitor-client relationship. It is your responsibility to obtain appropriate advice suitable to your particular circumstances from a qualified professional before acting or omitting to act based on any information obtained on or through the Website.
- Information, Errors and Changes: The information and content on or available through the Website is updated periodically, but is not intended to be a comprehensive, current or complete statement of all matters and developments concerning us and our services. The information and content on or available through the Website might not be accurate, current or complete, and misprints, errors, inaccuracies or omissions or other errors might not be corrected. We do not warrant that the content of the Website is accurate or complete and we accept no liability whatsoever for any information or content on or available through the Website. We reserve the right to: correct any error, inaccuracy or omission at any time without prior notice or liability to you or any other person; and change at any time the content of the Website, including any services available through the Website, without any notice or liability to you or any other.
- Linked Sites: For your convenience, the Website may contain links or references to websites or resources operated by independent persons (collectively “Linked Sites”). Linked Sites are independent from the Website, and we do not endorse, and have no responsibility or liability for or control over, any Linked Site, any products, services or content available through a Linked Site or the collection of your personal information through a Linked Site or by the owner or operator of a Linked Site. Your use of a Linked Site and your dealings with the owner or operator of a Linked Site are at your own risk, and you will not make any claim against us arising from, connected with, or relating to your use of a Linked Site, your dealings with the owner or operator of a Linked Site or any product, service or content available through a Linked Site.
- The Support Worker Central Services
- Application: If you register for an Account, this Section 6 applies to your access and use of the Services through your Account until you or we terminate your Account in accordance with Section 4(h).
- Definitions: In this Section 6: “Account” means a valid and subsisting account for use of the Services; “Content” means text, information, graphics, photographs, images, audio, video, location data and other forms of data or communication; “Profile” means the profile you create for use of the Services that is visible to Third Party Users; “Services” means the matching database connecting individuals and families with disabilities to support workers known as Support Worker Central; “Third Party User” means any other person accessing or using the Services through an Account, including support workers and individuals seeking to hire a support worker; “Third Party Content” means Content submitted, uploaded, posted or provided by any Third Party User of the Services; “your Content” means Content submitted, uploaded, posted or provided by you to the Services, including your Profile and Content you communicate directly to a Third Party User through the Services.
- Account: You are required to have an Account in order to use the Services, and you agree to maintain the confidentiality of your Account username and password. You are fully responsible and liable for all use and misuse of your Account. You will not permit any other person to use your Account and you will immediately notify us if there has been any unauthorized access to or use of your Account. You represent and warrant that all information you provide to us in connection with your Account is true, accurate, current and complete.
- Offline Contact with Third Party Users: You acknowledge that there are inherent risks associated with interacting with an individual introduced to you online. You further acknowledge that any offline interactions that may occur between you and a Third Party User are not part of the Services and are not governed by these Terms of Service, we have no responsibility or liability for or control over any of those offline interactions, and your offline interactions with any Third Party User are entirely at your own risk. If you are an individual seeking to find a support worker, you acknowledge that it is your responsibility to take all actions that may be necessary or advisable before engaging a support worker to perform support worker services for you or any other person, including conducting all appropriate police information checks, criminal record checks and vulnerable sector searches, making all appropriate employment- and education-related inquiries and seeking all appropriate advice. If you are a support worker, you acknowledge that it is your responsibility to take all actions that may be necessary or advisable before agreeing to perform support worker services for any person, including making all appropriate inquiries and seeking all appropriate advice.
- Proprietary Rights
- Ownership of Website and Services: Copyright © 2021. Family Support Institute of BC. All Rights Reserved. As between you and us, the Website, the Services and the technologies and data used to operate the Website and Services and all related proprietary rights (including copyright) are owned solely by us and our licensors and are protected by Canadian and international intellectual property laws. You will not acquire any right, title or interest in, to or associated with the Website or Services or any related technologies and data.
- Trademarks: Support Worker Central™, the Support Worker Central logo and other related trademarks and symbols are registered or unregistered trademarks, service marks and trade names owned or used under license by us. Other product and company names and logos appearing on the Website may be registered or unregistered trademarks, service marks or trade names of their respective owners. Any use of the trademarks, service marks or trade names displayed on the Website is strictly prohibited, and nothing appearing on the Website will be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any of those trademarks, service marks or trade names.
- Feedback: If you give any feedback to us (including ideas or suggestions for enhancements or improvements) about the Website, the Services or any related matter, then we and our licensors and their respective successors, assigns and licensees may use and commercialize the feedback without providing any compensation to you or any other person, and we and our licensors and their respective successors, assigns and licensees will at all times solely own and retain all rights, title and interests (including all intellectual property rights) throughout the world in, to and associated with all works created, enhanced or improved using or based on the feedback. For greater certainty, you will not include in any feedback any information that is confidential or proprietary to you or any other person.
- Disclaimers/Liability Exclusions
- General Disclaimer: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Website is made available and provided to you on an “as is”, “as available” and “with all faults” basis and without any representations, warranties, conditions or guarantees of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether express, implied or statutory, or arising from custom or trade usage or by any course of dealing or course of performance, including any representations, warranties, conditions or guarantees of or relating to accuracy, capacity, completeness, delays, durability, errors, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of negligence, viruses or other harmful component, interrupted service, merchantability, non-infringement, performance, results, quality, timeliness, title or workmanlike effort, all of which are hereby waived by you and disclaimed by Support Worker Central Group to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law; and no representations, warranties, conditions or guarantees will be created by any advice or information, whether oral or written, provided by or on behalf of Support Worker Central Group. If you are dissatisfied with the Website, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Website.
- Technology Disclaimer: You acknowledge that the Website might be affected by circumstances beyond our control, might not be continuous, uninterrupted or secure, and are subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications. We are not responsible or liable for any delays, failures or any damage, loss or liability resulting from any of those problems. You acknowledge that security measures used by or on behalf of us and our subcontractors and service providers might not protect the Website or data you submit to the Website. We are not responsible or liable for any unauthorized access to, or use, alteration, theft or destruction of, the Website or any data submitted to the Website, whether through accident, fraudulent means or devices, or any other method.
- Third Party User Disclaimer: You are solely responsible and liable for the selection of Third Party Content to achieve your intended results, and you interact with Third Party Users and use Third Party Content entirely at your own risk. We do not make or give any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether express, implied or statutory, or arising from custom or trade usage or by any course of dealing or course of performance, regarding any Third Party Content or that your interactions with Third Party Users will achieve your intended results. Support Worker Central Group does not control, and is not responsible or liable for, any Third Party User. You are solely responsible and liable for taking all actions that may be necessary or advisable before interacting with a Third Party User offline, including conducting all appropriate police information checks, criminal record checks and vulnerable sector searches and making all appropriate employment- and education-related inquiries.
- No Professional Advice: the Website does not constitute or include any kind of professional advice, including any healthcare or legal advice. You are solely responsible and liable for conducting all necessary inquiries and investigations (including conducting appropriate due diligence) and obtaining all appropriate professional advice (including healthcare and legal advice) that may be necessary or advisable in connection with your use of the Website.
- Liability Exclusions: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event and under no circumstances will Support Worker Central Group be liable to you or any other person for any loss, damage or liability (including direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential and punitive damages) arising from, connected with or relating to your use of, or inability to use, the Website or any related matter, under any theory (including contract, tort, strict liability, statutory liability or any other theory of law), regardless of any negligence or other fault or wrongdoing (including fundamental breach or gross negligence) by or on behalf of Support Worker Central Group, even if other remedies are not available or do not adequately compensate you or any other person for the loss, damage and liability and even if Support Worker Central Group knew or should have known of the possibility of the potential loss, damage or liability being incurred.
- Reservation: The laws in some jurisdictions prohibit or limit the disclaimer of certain warranties and conditions or the exclusion or limitation of certain liabilities, and so the disclaimers and liability exclusions and limitations in these terms and conditions might not apply to you.