This position is an opportunity to support a friendly mid 30-year-old male who is active, talkative and engaged in the community. You will be spending time facilitating physical activity and helping him achieve his inclusion goals.
· Identify social, recreational and learning opportunities in the community that match his interests; Develop and set up opportunities for him to participate in community through initiatives such as volunteering, working on joint projects with other community groups, etc.; facilitate physical activities; Communication with family and with supporting agency (Lifetime Networks)
· Diploma or equivalent experience working with individuals with a disability
· Training and/or experience supporting individuals with ASD, and other mental health issues
· Must have a reliable vehicle
· Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License
· Minimum 3 million dollar car insurance
· Current Standard First Aid and CPR C
Starting part time: Mon/Tues and/or Fri/Sun 9-4
Schedule can change based on the needs of the individual
Please contact Gerard @ 250-514-2597 to learn more and apply for this position.