Gregory Henriquez is the Managing Principal at Henriquez Partners Architects and is seeking a Support Worker and Personal Assistant to help support him with his blended household consisting of his wife with two live-in children 12 and 15 years old, and two children living outside the home 19 and 23 years old. This role involves both working downtown in the Henriquez Partners Architects office as Personal Assistant and receptionist coverage; and part-time companion to his daughter in Kitsilano.
Gregory has one teenage daughter with special needs and challenges, who requires support and companionship periodically during the weekdays. The ideal candidate must adore youth, be relaxed, and confident. This position is full-time, live-out, with specific days focused on working in the home with his daughter and the other times providing assistance in the office with his busy schedule. This individual is expected to take an active role and develop a meaningful relationship with all family members. This includes a proactive approach to support interaction with other teenagers, family and friends; acting as a companion for and supporting the daughter’s activities and emotional development.
• May be subject to sensitive and confidential business and personal information which is to remain in confidence.
• Running errands which require the operation of a motor vehicle and must be strong swimmer.
• Flexibility with the schedule is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to)
Support Worker (PT):
• Facilitating of teenager’s activities and schedules.
• Periodic companionship and oversight of teenage girl’s special needs.
• Driving teenager to appointments and activities when needed; motor vehicle provided.
• Assisting in the planning of events such as birthdays, anniversaries, parties.
• Special projects in the household (moving, organizing, managing cleaners).
• Light housework required but is secondary to other responsibilities (an asset).
• Assisting, preparing and cooking nutritious meals, including grocery and household shopping and other related tasks for meal preparation (an asset).
• Liaising with his wife and Executive Assistant for the prioritization and coordination of family and work schedules.
• Liaising with Executive Assistant for scheduling and coordinating of parenting schedule.
• Reception coverage and other office duties as assigned.