Expiring: September 30,2021
Salary: $22.00 – $24.00/Hourly
Job Type: Full-Time, Contract – 2 people required
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): September 07, 2021
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
Job Title: Special Education Assistant
550 Thompson Ave.
Coquitlam, British Columbia
V3J 3Z8 Canada
The additional physical workload that the Education Assistant carries out on a daily basis.- Special Education Assistant : PHYSICAL
The Educational Assistant – Physically works with students that routinely require assistance with lifting, transferring, positioning, toileting, personal care etc.
Special Education assistant ( s) required for September 2021 for a Modified High School Student – grade 11.
– Strength is prerequired and training to support someone in the washroom (due to height/weight of the student)
– toileting required
– able to use /hold weight with transfer belt
– student uses large walker/walking frame
– Student likes to be with someone with engaging personality as this student has few words to communicate (partially non verbal) **** can we say something more personal here***** like: but still a great deal to say. Having the skills to read body language and facial expressions is an asset . Supports students in learning communication skills and social/emotional strategies as outlined for their goals in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or as needed on a daily basis.
– Experience with special education students asset/required. Prefer one (1) year specific experience working with persons with diverse learning needs and physical disabilities. Therapy staff at the school will train /work with the candidates.
In consultation with Teachers, Occupational Therapists, and Physiotherapists, and Speech Language Pathologists, adapts physical activities and understands base-line behaviours for specific students and recognizes when there is a change and follows reporting protocols.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS Grade 12 or equivalent, and One (1) year Education Assistant and Community Support Worker certificate or equivalent combination of post-secondary courses in child/adolescent development, or behaviour management including nonviolent crisis intervention techniques. Current Level One First Aid.
OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Physically able to work with students at their level, (running, squatting, kneeling and sitting on the floor). Physically able to carry out weight bearing transfers of students weighing up to
How to Apply
Contact: Elizabeth Urbani