Hi, my name is Spencer I am a 29 year old male living with cerebral palsy. I live in Lower Lonsdale which is a short 15 minute SeaBus ride from Waterfront Station (Downtown Vancouver).
I am looking to hire a Personal Support Worker that can assist and support my independence living at home and within the community.
Duties include but not limited to:
– Assisting with personal care, which involves bathing, bowel and bladder care, lifts/transfers to wheelchair, and positioning and movement
– Basic household chores and food prep
– Accompanying me to concerts, events and appointments
– Assisting with my day to day activities
Monday to Friday evenings 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Saturdays 9:30am to 4:00pm
Auxiliary shifts as required
Starting wage is $20 an hour, with the ability for an increase after 3 months.
The ideal candidate:
– has good English and communication skills
– is personable and able to respond to my needs
– has prior personal care experience (not required but is a major asset)