I am a 30 year old male living with cerebral palsy, looking to hire a Personal Support Worker that can assist and support my independence living at home and within the community. I live in Lower Lonsdale which is a short 15 minute SeaBus ride from Waterfront Station (Downtown Vancouver).
Duties include but not limited to:
– Assist with personal care which involves bathing, bowel and bladder care, lifts/transfers to wheelchair, and positioning and movement
– Basic household tasks and food prep
– Accompany me to concerts, events and appointments
– Assist with my day to day activities
Monday to Friday evenings 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Saturdays 9:30am to 4:00pm
Auxiliary shifts as required
Starting wage is $20/hour, with potential for an increase in 3 months.
The ideal candidate:
– has good English and communication skills
– is personable and able to respond to my needs
– has personal care experience (not required but is a major asset)
has basic cooking skills & must be able to prepare food