We need a respite worker for a high functioning adult female with Downs syndrome. She is very organized and cares for her personal hygiene. Does not speak English, so a bilingual support worker is required.
Its a fairly simple ask, just accompany her and give respite to the family members.
1. Must have BC Criminal Records Check done and valid for at-least next 12 months
2. BC Driver’s license or ID card
3. Willing to work as a hourly fee contractor
4. Speak Hindi, Punjabi or other indian language.
5. It would be nice to have your own vehicle and are in South Vancouver, South Burnaby, North Richmond area, for easy commute / proximity.
Example of social activities or life skills that can be done during respite sessions:
1. Transit familiarization
2. Visiting new venues / places within lower mainland
3. Swimming/Rec Center, Local Walks, Teach English
4. Basic Photography coaching
5. Willing to help meal prep, with basic cooking skills coaching etc.
Days & Times : Flexible (ideally Monday to Sunday between 10am and 7pm) – minimum 4-6 hours per day, up to 8 hours including break. During summer 2-3 days a week. Coordinate date and time, and activity that you would like to do with her and whether you would like to do indoor or outdoor activity.
Remuneration: $18 to 22 / hour DoE; as a Independent Contractor.