Position is to support a female adult individual with intellectual and physical disabilities as well as some behavioral challenges.
Hours of work to be 24 hours per day for 2 weekends per month and 09:00 to 15:00 on statutory holidays. Occasional longer periods of time during other workers vacations.
Work environment includes your home, the community and surrounding areas.
• Previous Community Inclusion/behavioral support experience is an asset
• Ability to relate to families and caregivers
• Ability to relate supportively to a person with developmental disabilities and mental health issues
• Must have strong ability to enforce boundaries and expectations and have strong leadership skills
• Ability to model appropriate behavior (conduct, performance, concern for people, morale, compliance with defined policy and procedures, work performance standards, professionalism, ethics and professional integrity, social relational skills)
• Signed medical form stating you are capable of performing the job
• Required to supply and utilize a safe vehicle in good running order. Proof of appropriate insurance ($3M third party liability).
• A Personal Smartphone will be required for regular communication with supervisor
• Experience with Personal Messaging Software (Face time/Messenger)
• Possession of a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license (a clean drivers abstract is required)
• Possession of a valid Emergency First Aid certificate with CPR
• Proof of all current Flu and COVID vaccinations required.
• Although not required to apply; a clean criminal record check will be required to finalize any appointment to this position.