Pt-time Lifestyle Support Worker – Vernon, BC
Our private, non-profit organization is dedicated to enhancing the life experience of a socially-engaging young adult with “diversabilities”. We are seeking a qualified and engaging individual to join our team. This is a part-time, live-in position for 24 hour shifts.
Under the direction of the Team Lead, the key responsibilities are to:
• Provide a companionable home environment that furthers the young adult’s life skills and independence
• Take initiative to keep his day program engaging and fun and on track with his goals
• Foster social relations with peers and in the community
• Follow an individualized support plan to assist him in achieving his personal goals
Our requirements and your qualifications:
• Proven success working with older youth and adults with special needs and training in a related field preferred
• Ability to be a positive role model and provide respectful support
• Professionalism and excellent teamwork skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Clear criminal record check, clean driving record, CPR/First Aid certification
• Reliable, safe vehicle
• Ability to swim
This position requires availability for 1 – 2 x 24 hour shifts/week to start. The ideal candidate will have a sense of humour, “the appetite” for preparing home-cooked meals and the heart for this unique work. If you believe you can contribute your skills and positive energy to this position, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume and covering note telling us what you offer.