Job location – Coquitlam, BC
Client: 41 year old man with Autism and is non-verbal. He is gentle, easy going and loves to eat, walk and go for car rides.
Here’s what we need from you:
• A kind, empathetic and dependable person who enjoys working with individuals with disabilities
• A caring heart and patience, with a genuine desire to maintain health and build good relationships
• Excellent teamwork and critical thinking, able to solve problems and think on your feet
• The desire and ability to maintain honest, direct and respectful relationships
• Verbal English skills
• Flexibility to cover extra shifts as and when a colleague is unavailable
• Residency or valid work permit, and located in the Lower Mainland
• First Aid & CPR Certificate an asset
• Valid Criminal record check
• Positive references and pre-employment verification checks
• Comfortable with text and/or email
Duties & Responsibilities will vary daily.
• Personal Care – must be comfortable with helping with bathing, dressing and grooming
• Monitoring medical conditions, administering medication, following treatment plan
• Acting as a companion to my brother
Supporting social interaction and plan outings to keep the patient active
• Planning & preparing healthy meals
• Organizing and/or attending activities, appointments or errands
Salary: Daily rate
Location: Coquitlam / Work in employer’s home. Parking and Transit accessible.
As an employer, we promote equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada