To assist the employer, who has a physical disability, with attendant services.
1. Willingness to perform personal and household tasks.
2. Physical ability to lift and transfer the employer.
3. Punctuality, reliability, and dependability.
4. Work cooperatively with the employer, other members of the household, and other employees.
5. Good communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to accurately follow directions from the employer.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to be worthy of the trust required to provide personal services in the employer’s own home.
1. Provide services as required and directed by the employer, including, but not limited to, the following:
a. Mobility assistance with transferring, lifting, positioning exercising, driving;
b. Assistance with dressing and undressing, eating, medications, special equipment, toileting routines, maintenance of cathetering, and respiratory equipment;
c. Personal hygiene assistance with washing, bathing, showering, shaving, brushing teeth, grooming, feminine hygiene, care of skin, makeup;
d. Assistance with errands, escorting, shopping, banking;
e. Housekeeping assistance with meal preparation, dishwashing, laundry, shopping and chores, including but not limited to dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, changing sheets, and cleaning fridge, stove, bathroom, closets, drawers and cupboards;
f. Assistance with maintaining and ordering supplies;
g. Maintenance and upkeep for personal and household equipment and appliances;
h. Other tasks that would be performed by oneself were it not for a physical disability.
2. Provide services in the home and elsewhere, consistent with the employer’s choices, lifestyle, and privacy.
3. Respond immediately to emergencies, e.g. washroom assistance.
4. Be aware of and report any hazards concerning employee health and safety to the employer.
5. Ensure that keys entrusted to you are kept secure and at hand.
6. Perform other duties as requested.
1. To carry out the above duties in a professional manner.
2. To know the employer’s personal routines and follow them efficiently with appropriate care.
3. To arrive for work punctually and to remain on duty until essential activities have been completed and the employer is comfortable and safe.
4. To conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the health and safety of the employer, other members of the household, other staff and yourself.
5. To be able to perform certain tasks without direct supervision.
6. To dress in a clean and presentable manner.
COVID-19 considerations: Mask is required, hand sanitization must be applied upon arrival, sanitization of surfaces will be conducted every day, must be fully vaccinated.