This position is for a Licensed ECE to work as a support worker with one specific child. In your role, you will be working alongside the supervising teacher in a small home daycare with a maximum of 8 children per day. You will be a support to that teacher with all of the children but specifically responsible for the needs of the one child.
Job type: part time (Mon-Fri 9am-2pm)
Possibilty of full time hours and subbing.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
• Experience with children aged 1-5 yrs with strong behavioural challenges
• Current Criminal Record Check- I will pay for the successful candidate
• Current Emergency Child Care First Aid Certificate
• Immunization record
• Be fluent in English (written and orally), additional languages an asset
• Have excellent communication and organization skills
• Ability to follow practices and procedures set out in the company policy and procedure manual, including the release of children to an authorized parent/guardian
• Ability to physically complete the duties of the job. Including sitting, standing for long periods of time, twisting and carrying children
• Working to support one specific child with behavioural challenges
• Supporting the supervising teacher with all the children in the daycare
•This position involves a lot of lifting, twisting and supporting therefore you should be able to lift a minimum of 40lbs
• Supervise children and be responsible for leading and directing group activities
•Be able to use appropriate guiding and caring techniques for children aged 1-5yrs old
•Be able to be a positive role model to children and develop positive relationships with families
• Maintain the cleanliness and health and safety practices of the center, including play areas (inside and outside), kitchen and washrooms
• Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the childcare, the children, families and the staff
• Maintain regular attendance, punctuality and be appropriately dressed and groomed
Send resume to Erin Knipstrom (owner/operator):
Please explain why you think you are qualified for this position.