My name is Michael. I am a 42 year old, independent male, living with Cerebral Palsy. I LOVE music, food and adventure. I love to travel, meet new people and spend time with family.
I live independently, communicate non-verbally and have a solid system for expressing myself. With the help of a great network of people who support my independence, I have a high level of control over my day to day life, which I am very proud of.
I am currently looking to add to my support team. I do not expect applicants to have completed a care aide program but do appreciate anyone who has an interest in providing support with an emphasis on my autonomy.
Every one of my Independent Support Workers will take the time to learn my modes of communication and personal care routines. It is not necessary that you have experience communicating non-verbally (Of course, any such experience is valuable.). Clear communication is a process that takes time to learn.
I do have a lift in my home to accommodate chair-to-bed and chair-to-chair transfers. However, outside of my home, I may require staff to be able to complete transfers manually. This is not an every day occurrence but does come up from time to time.
If you are interested in joining my support team, please email with a resume and tell me a bit about yourself.
Assist with communication
Assist with all personal care
Assist with housework
Drive, bus and sky-train to events and appointments
Assist with eating
– Experience working with persons living with physical disabilities is an asset.
– Valid driver’s license or willing to attain (not required, only preferred)
– Must place high value on maintaining personal safety and autonomy
– Able to lift 90lbs (Not on a daily basis)
– 90 day probationary period
– Casual/ part time/ Full-time shifts available
– Hours vary and include day, evening and over night shifts, Monday to Sunday