$21.50 – $22.50 per hour starting wage
Looking for someone to do graveyard shifts (9 pm to 7 am) caring for a 31-yr-old male with cerebral palsy. He is between 95-100 pounds. He is very spastic and has a G-tube for feeding. All lifts and transfers are done using a lift device and sling with another employee assisting.
The person we are looking for must be a team player; be caring, compassionate, reliable, and dedicated. We are willing to train the right person. The shifts are 10 hours and can be any nights from Sunday to Thursday.
The successful candidate will be expected to do brief changes with a second employee, changing clothes, and all oral care, as the client is a quadriplegic. You will administer medications and sign off on the MAR sheet as well as take vitals and write/record shift notes. You will also be expected to do some light housekeeping duties to maintain the client’s apartment and for COVID safety.
– A clean criminal record search for vulnerable adults (this has to be done by the employer and will be paid by the employer)
– A valid driver’s license and a recent clean driver’s abstract
– Current First Aid (or book course upon hiring and complete within a month)
– Experience doing G-tube feeds
– Experience with cerebral palsy
– Community Support worker or Health Care Aide certification
– Experience with slings and lifts