Informational video about this job:
We are seeking a person who is truly fun, genuine, and driven to make a difference in the life of a keen learner. We require someone who is engaged and interested in a variety of community activities.
A 24-hour Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) teaching home is seeking a professional person who is truly fun, genuine and driven about making a difference to work with a 31-year-old male with developmental disabilities. We are seeking a creative, athletic individual who likes being active, busy and goal oriented. We are a non-profit society consisting of a strong team of experienced behavior interventionists, and a board-certified behavior analyst. We have created a positive, successful, and supportive learning environment for both our client and employees.
Outstanding full time (32-40 hours/week) and part-time (8-24 hours/week) opportunity for behavior interventionists. Shifts are 8 hours. Ability to work weekends is an asset.
We invest in our team long term by providing exceptional education and advanced training opportunities as well as fostering a happy, positive home and working environment. Some of our previous long term team members have been, or gone on to become psychologists, nurses, physio therapists, occupational therapists, Board Certified Behavior Analysts, teachers and police officers.
What we offer:
• Competitive wage commensurate with experience, outstanding expertise, constant oversight by internationally trained consultant, concentration on a happy, positive home and working environment and opportunity to gain skills.
• 3 weeks paid vacation.
• Hands-On Training – support by experienced team and professional Behavioral Interventionists
• An attractive Group Benefit package to all employees working 30 hours or more in a permanent position; includes extended Health/Dental/Life Insurance.
• Promotion of lifelong learning with ongoing training and advancement opportunities.
• An enjoyable work environment with a supportive team of co-workers.
Board Certified Behaviour Analyst supervised hours for qualifying candidate.
• Excellent job security for dedicated candidate.
• Teaching vocational, behavioural, and social skills through administration of specific programs designed by a board- certified behaviour analyst.
• Fostering independence through application of specific behavioural principles.
• Generalizing learned skills in various recreational and other community settings.
• Build and foster a happy, fun and welcoming atmosphere.
• Provide respectful and high-quality direct care and teaching supports and skill building in areas including life goals, appointments, family and work connections, household activities, volunteer work, physical activity, leisure activities and cooking/baking.
• Keep up-to-date and accurate records in all areas as directed including program progress, financial, medical, daily journals, etc.
• Provide safe and meaningful daily excursions.
• Attend to safety, esteem and developmental learning.
• Organize and implement daily living activities as well as recreational activities.
• Monitor and work directly in all aspects of their lives, i.e., liaise with family and community groups when appropriate.
• Demonstrate appropriate conduct in terms of behavior, appearance and presentation and adhere to family expectations regarding confidentiality.
• Model socially acceptable values such as integrity, fairness and respect.
What we require of you:
• The ability to work 4-5 days per week for full time and 1-3 days per week for part time for any of 2 daily shifts – 7am to 3pm, 3pm to 11pm, and 11pm to 7am. — Note: 11pm – 7am shifts are very rare. This is NOT an overnight position, but you may be asked to work the overnight shift on rare occasions.
• One year commitment to the position.
• Experience working with youth and/or individuals with developmental disabilities is an asset but not required.
• A valid first aid certificate (which can be obtained after hiring).
• A valid driver’s license and car.
• A criminal record check will be conducted.
• Post secondary education in a related field is preferred, however; experienced applicants without post secondary education will be considered.
• A flexible schedule is an asset.
• Physical strength is an asset.
• Fluent in spoken and written English and able to effectively articulate thoughts and ideas in a team setting.
• A natural ability to remain calm, focused and clear at all times, especially in stressful situations.
• Open to learn and grow and is able to give and receive feedback.
• Willing to carry responsibility and maintain professionalism and confidentiality.