For over 34 years Pacific Coast Community Resources has been empowering individuals with diverse abilities to live the life they envision in the communities where they live, work and pursue recreational opportunities. Our programs and services are individualized and based on the person’s unique interests, gifts and aspirations. We believe diversity makes our community stronger.
Community Inclusion Workers assist individuals to participate in personal, social, vocational and volunteer opportunities within the community. The services are determined by the individual and based on their specific goals and preferences. We encourage and empower supported individuals to be independent, self-determining and to live the life they envision while ensuring excellent standards of care, health and safety are maintained.
PCCRI is looking for a Casual Community Inclusion Worker in the Delta area. Specific requirements are based on individuals’ needs/wishes and will be discussed in more detail during an interview. This is a 1 to 1 position with a young men who needs support in all aspects of daily living and personal care is required. The hours are on Saturday and Sunday with potential to pick up additional hours in other CI programs. Applicants must have a Class 5 Driver’s License and experience with lifts and transfers and personal care is an asset.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Saturday & Sunday with the potential for additional hours in other CI programs
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
– Ensure the individual’s rights and choices are respected and advocate as needed
– Proven ability to interact effectively with persons served
– Coordinate, implement and facilitate the individual’s participation in community based social events
– Empower individuals to be full citizens of their community
– Foster positive relationships with family members, colleagues, professionals and members of the community
– Participate in the development, implementation and documentation of Individual Service Plans
– Excellent understanding of behaviour management principles and strategies
– Experience with transfers and lifts and personal care is required
-Ability to push a wheelchair
– Grade 12 education
– Community Support Worker Diploma or equivalent
– Minimum 2 years of experience in community social services/health care
– Current Emergency First Aid/CPR Certificate
– Behaviour Management training
– Ability to effectively communicate (verbal & written) with team members, professionals, families, and community members
– Non-verbal communication skills
– Current Criminal Record Check for Children and Vulnerable Adults
To join a growing and dynamic company, apply today!
Pacific Coast is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming all creeds, cultures, races and sexual orientations. We believe diversity makes our communities stronger and with us, differences are valued.
Please visit our website for more information at www.pccri.com/careers
PCCR offers services throughout all of the Lower Mainland, Okanagan, Kootenays and Vancouver Island. All applicants are welcomed!