Title: Assistant Leader
Job Status: Summer Contract (July 5th to August 19th, 2021)
Hours: 8:30am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday
Locations: up to 4 in Ladner and/or Tsawwassen, up to 4 in North Delta
Scope: Assistant Leaders assist the Site Leader in directing a group of 3-4 staff and 4 special needs
children. You will step into the Leader role when needed, for example, when the leader needs to do
administrative tasks. You will assist the Leader in implementing the program and ensuring the safety and
well-being of the children and assist in tracking life skills goals. You will plan, execute, and participate in
all the life skills programming areas and ensure that the equipment used is safe, clean and hazard-free at
all times. Specific duties include:
• Implement the program; including organizing staff and participants, in life-skills based activities
consistent with our Summer Fun Goals
• Assist the children with their daily living and recreational activities, including but not limited to:
eating, toileting, swimming, walking, communicating, mentoring and being a role model.
• Assist the leader in ensuring each participant has opportunities to practice goals and that these
goals are tracked.
• Ensure the safety of participants at all times
• Mentor Recreation Workers to encourage their interest in the social services sector
• Assist the Leader when needed with items such as daily communication with parents, accurate
maintenance of petty cash, in supervision with Leader.
• Assorted other duties as required
The Assistant Leader reports directly to the Site Leader and is responsible for actively assisting in the
delivery of the program as set out in the program handbook.
• Working as an Education Assistant in a school district or equivalent experience
• Current Emergency First Aid with CPR certificate
• CPI training is an asset
• Foodsafe certificate is an asset
• Completion of a criminal record check (required only if you are a successful applicant)
• Effective and clear verbal and written communication skills
• High energy, enthusiastic, flexible
• Enjoy being part of a team that values leadership and organizational talents
We offer a competitive salary, starting at $18/hour for this role.
Please indicate ASSISTANT LEADER in the subject, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Until positions are filled